Wesley Buildings, Wesley Street, Redruth, TR15 2EG
Jonathan Coleman, the South West Regional Foundation Manager for Sports Leaders UK, is delivering an information session for anyone who may currently be delivering Sports Leaders UK qualifications or who may be interested in delivering the qualifications in the future and would like to find out more.
Sports Leaders UK is an independent charity that works through over 3500 accredited delivery centres around the UK. They provide nationally recognised leadership awards and qualifications. All of the awards and qualifications are practical – learners learn by doing rather than through written work and assessment is made upon a learner’s ability to lead and demonstrate their leadership skills for a certain period of time, within a specific setting. Learners don’t need to be sports stars or prima ballerinas – instead an interest in their chosen activity, a positive attitude and a willingness to volunteer are all that is required. For many young people, a leadership role gives them recognition, a sense of self-worth and empowerment not otherwise available to them. For more information about Sports Leaders UK and the awards and qualifications on offer visit http://www.sportsleaders.org
What will the session cover?
- Funding for Sports Leaders UK qualifications
- The Free Sports Leaders UK resource to teach the values of the Olympic and Paralympic Games ‘Teaching Values Through Leadership’ Qualification Credit Points related to Sports Leadership Qualifications
- The Pathway of Sports, Dance and Outdoor Expedition Leadership Qualifications
- New Qualifications including Level 1 & 2 in Sports Volunteering, Level 2 Award in Dance Leadership and level 2 Award in Assisting in Basic Expedition Leadership
- New initiatives including the Sports Leaders UK Membership Association Scheme for young people and Volunteer Recognition Scheme
- Sports Leaders UK National Tutor Training Program
- Sports England Sports Makers and Sports Leaders
- Sports Leaders UK Best Practice delivered by the Local Leadership Academy
To book a place, email Helen Rundle at Cornwall Youth Work Partnership: firstname.lastname@example.org